Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Coins of Life

Or the facts of life if you wish...

Now that I'm done paying for college some thought that I no longer needed my awesome change bucket in my room at home. Oh how wrong that thought was! I decided to change the name on my bucket as you can see. I like this one! I just think that the Avery/Pops fund is going to out do me now... It has a prime location on a desk in a public business while mine is in a corner of a room that only I (once in a while my mom) go into and not even that often! I'm sure that 5 of 6 bucks in there will help some where along the way, whether it be for a meal out, a wedding down the road, or maybe even a washer or dryer... (I'm thinking long term here.) Life costs money, money I don't have.

I have been reading some business books lately and they have all been very good. But they always say the same thing. WHEN YOU DO HAVE AN INCOME:
1. Pay yourself first. Well in my case I pay the Lord first.
2. Live within your means. That means have a budget and stick with it (I shouldn't buy so many shoes)
3. Get out of debt (I think the church as a great system to do so)
4. Save! I know that I should have at least a month worth of living saved up but right now I don't have a paying job or any bills other than food, but none the less I should still be saving in case of something! It's a good habit to get into.

No comments: