Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Zoo Mania

Today at school we had a lady come from a company called Zoo Mania. They go around and bring different animals and things to schools to introduce possible careers involving animals. It was a fun assembly for my 7th graders. We have to have so many work base learning activities in the CTE department and this was one of them. Well after one of the assemblies the teachers were allowed to pick one of their animals to hold or pet or something and have our picture taken with it. I ended up holding the iguana! First off I hate most animals especially reptiles. Second, this poor iguana had been abused by it's first owner and it just creeped me out. Last, it was looking at me. Well, I held it (see the pic below) and right after the picture was taken (thanks Mr. Oldroyd) the iguana decided to lick my hair. Yes that's right, he licked my hair. Gross. At least it didn't pee on me like the sugar glider did to Mrs. Gambles.




No comments: