Where to begin? My life seems a bit boring these days but at the same time that nothing is going on all of this nothing is driving me crazy! I had one of the worst weeks ever this past week. Maybe this will paint a clear picture for you, starting with my cat of 12ish years died, my ear drum burst and I cannot hear out of my right ear for the time being, work drama which I just cannot handle, plus because of how my pain I was in with my ear at work I cried, a couple of times, and in front of one of my bosses. Great, just great. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say to them tomorrow at work. I don't even want to go back tomorrow just because of what might be said. I hate it I really do. And I figured out why this week. Communication. That's it. It's kind of ironic too because that is one of the main reasons I was hired there, for my communication skills. Well I have to say I'm pretty sure mine are still fine; it's other peoples that I'm worried about. For instance, I think that there are many ways to tell someone no. You never have to be mean about it and get upset; simply say "I can see where you are coming from and thank you for letting my know your opinion but no, I don't think that will work for this situation." I don't think you should get upset over an opinion or a suggestion. AND, if you are ever in a stiuation where you should talk to someone about a decision that concerns them, then DO IT! Talk to them before it's too late and where other things might get in the way. (Sigh, taking a deep breath) Ok, well now that I have that off my chest I feel a little better.
The one ray of sunshine that happened in between all of this was a nice 5 minute conversation with a coworker about the Chruch. She knew I was Mormon and her step mom is a member but she knows nothing about it. She just simply asked what do we believe in. It took me a second to register what she had even just asked me. Then I had to think of where to begin. There is so much wonderful news the gospel can bring in life! Just for those 5 minutes I felt the Spirit guiding me and I loved it! I know understand a little bit better how the missionaries might feel when they get someone interested in the gospel. I had an extra copy of The Book of Mormon in my car but that was the day I left because of my ear drum so I'll have to give it to her later. Then the thoughts of going on a mission came into my thoughts once again. I still don't know what I'm going to do but I do know this, I need to do those little things that we learn about every week in church every day. You know the seminary answers. And no I'm not the best at doing those things and that's why I need small reminders in life to get me going again.
Oh and the last thing that has really been on my mind is how much I miss one of my friends, who happens to be serving a mission currently. It's really hard not to start texting her or calling her phone to hear what song I just heard on the radio or what other little things in life are going on. Letters are great to get in the mail but it's not exactly the fastest way of communication (oh here we go again... sorry). Anyway the point of that was only that I miss her a ton and only 16 months to go! And just think if I go too it would be even long till I see her again!
The only way that I've been getting through everything lately is by reading. I read so many books over the last couple of months! It's how I can escape reality. A good book will take you places where you can't normally go. I wonder sometimes why I dont become a librarian. I've just finished reading The Tiger Rising by Kate DiCamillo (author of The Tale of Despereaux loved that book!)
and The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks. Can't wait to see this movie when it comes to redbox of course! And Dear John!
And just before that I read Fire of the Covenant by Gerald N. Lund. I never thought I would be so intreged by a book about Mormon pioneers but I was!
Next on my list is book two of the Fablehaven series Rise of the Evening Star by Brandon Mull. I hope it turns out to be worth my time.
Ok, I think I made this post long enough for now... Well, more to come about life as I come to know it.





1 comment:
i luh you!! You write long posts just like me ;) doesn't it feel so great to get it all out of your system? And btw I need to ask you for some good reads. I'm making a list of books I want to read cause i don't read nearly enough as I should/want.
Post a Comment