I did the unthinkable. I actually wanted to go on a hike. Real nature, outdoors, for fun. I'm not sure what I was thinking last weekend but I hiked Ensign Peak with my room mate Annie. And now for the bigger shock, I liked it! It wasn't super long, but basically straight up! The path started out fine but then once we got around the fist little bend we saw what we were up against. While I was huffing and puffing my way up, my mind turned to the pioneers. I know, I know, a little cliche, but it happened. I can't even fathom walking thousand of miles over that kind of terrain in the snow. It was windy up there but that was it. Annie and I spent a little while at the top just looking over all of the valley and taking pictures. The view was totally worth the hike! On the way back down we actually ran into some friends from our ward! It was really random! I'm super glad that I did it!
No comments:
Post a Comment