I just felt like posting today- I haven't in months so I don't know why today. But, here it goes anyway. Since last time- I'M ENGAGED! Super excited and ready to marry my best friend towards the end of this year. It can't come soon enough!
With the task of planning and putting together a wedding/reception, money is one of the main issues we have to face. Do I NEED the extra monogrammed napkins or will plain ones do? Sure I WANT the $5,000 gown but is it worth it? And trust me, I don't have $5000 for a dress! When it comes to tastes, I want the best; but my wallet is just opposite. I love finding things on sale, clearance or discounted in some way. Maybe this will be my fun adventure- see what deals I can find!
What about after the honeymoon is over? Well, that will start a whole new adventure of money matters with my husband. There's no one else I'd rather do that with either! (Just thought I should throw some sap in here!)
There is an awesome free financial course online to help anyone get started on deciding what you NEED vs WANT, planning out a budget, and even how to start investing. It's totally worth checking out. Thanks BYU!
http://personalfinance.byu.edu/
I've already learned so much just by taking the first lesson this course offers. For one, it reinforced that MONEY CANNOT BUY HAPPINESS! Humans tend to think that the more STUFF we have the more happy we will be, it's just not true. We choose to be happy; stuff can't choose for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment