It's been a few months since I've started planning and spending for the wedding. I decided that I would keep track of all my purchases and also of my savings. Even if it's the 5 cents off at Target for using a re useable bag, I write it down. It's amazing how savings can add up!
Here are some of the ways I've saved a pretty penny or too.
1. I only buy things at Hobby Lobby when the are 50% off!
I used to be ok with using the 40% coupon that I got every week in their email, but honestly the items will go half off every other week. I can wait to buy it.
2. Always use reusable bags at Target.
Yes, it's just 5 cents, but hey, for how many times I go to there it's worth it. And sometimes the cashiers are nice and give you the 5 cents per bag you bring in and not even end up using!
3. Shop Ebay!
I've been addicted to Ebay in the last few months. I started selling on there and I had to take a look to see what sorts of things I could buy! I do a lot of comparison shopping first before I bid on anything. Even if I really want the item I made sure it's a good deal first. Some sellers are great to work with too! I needed to buy taper candles for my centerpieces and I found a lot of them at a good price but I needed just 2 more! So I contacted the seller and told them my situation and they threw in the 2 candles at no extra charge! What a sweetheart!
4. Treat people kindly and they'll be kind to you.
This may not seem like a saving tip but it really is. Story time: As you can probably tell, I have done a lot of online shopping for my wedding. Well, I bought some flower balls and when they arrived at my house the box was in shambles and I didn't get fluffy balls; they looked more like flat cubes! I was furious! I had paid good money for them and it was not the quality I expected. I wanted to call and chew them out right then and there but I didn't. I knew I could fix most of them myself. The next day, after I calmed down, I called the company's customers support and nicely told the lady of what I had received and asked her what I needed to do in order to fix the problem. (I didn't yell saying that it was her or the company's fault.) She then told me that they didn't have enough in stock to just replace them all so she gave me some options. 1. I could send the all back and get a refund. 2. The could send me a few replacement ones for the really messed up ones. or 3. She could give me a partial refund. I wanted them for sure so I said no to option 1. I told her that I could deal with some of the messed up flower balls myself but I could use at least some replacement ones PLUS a partial refund. And she kindly agreed! I was a little shocked, but because I had been nice about the situation they did what they could to help me out.
5. Online Codes!
Before I buy anything online (minus Ebay) I google for discount codes. Surprisingly I find at least one I can use! It's great, even if it's just free shipping!
6. Discount Gift Cards.
I was a little weary of this one, but I tried it once so far and it worked well! There are a handful of cites where you can buy or sell gift cards. Don't expect huge savings here, but every little bit helps! I ended up getting one for Hobby Lobby, knowing I was going to be shopping there anyway. I paid $1.50 less than what the card had on it. And since I only pay half there I felt like I was getting more for my money. I would beware here though; ONLY BUY CARDS FOR PLACES YOU KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO SHOP! Just because there is a great discounted card at a store you hardly shop at, don't do it. You'll spend money there just because you can and that's not saving money.
Those are my tips and savings so far! If you have any advice or tricks that have worked for you, I'd love to know!
No comments:
Post a Comment