Sunday, September 21, 2008

Things we do...

Where do I even start with this story? I think the reader's digest version is good for this, so here it goes. I basically was kind of challenged by my friend Drew, and I had to prove him wrong so I did. Twelve muffins for every day that we are in Rexburg this semester, 96, that equals 1152 blueberry muffins. And all the first day. I didn't pull off the first day but I finished them the first week. The plan was to take them to his apartment on Sunday night because we knew he'd be out of his apartment. Well, too many people started to know what I was doing. One of my professors stopped me in the hall one day and said that he had heard I was the muffin queen right now! I don't even understand how so many people found out about it! So I changed plans on everyone and I took them on Saturday afternoon. Christina, Angi, Ashley and Doug did know what was going on so Ashley called Drew to see what he was up to and to tell him something else. She found out that he was going to the library to study so the coast was clear! I wanted to make sure he was out of his apartment so I sent him a text when we had all the muffins in the car and we were stalking his apartment from a parking lot across the street. Well, long story short but we decided that Drew and I were going to meet in the library and study together. We saw some of his roommates leave but we never saw him leave! Christina knows one of the other roommates and called him. Drew had already left so we went in and left the huge muffin with a sign on the kitchen counter. When you open the door it's the first thing he would see. Then we put all the other muffins on his bed with another sign. Then I booked it to the library (no pun intended!) We had studied for a little while when Drew got a call from another roommate who wanted to know if Drew had seen his bed. I started to panic because I didn't want Drew to find out over the phone especially with me sitting right beside him! Well, the roommate didn't say what happened he just said it was from Val. Drew turned and looked at me and said, "What did you do?" I cracked up laughing! It was the best ever! For the next while we hardly got anything done! I asked Drew to call me when he was walking up the stairs to his apartment so I could hear his reaction. It was so fun! He read the first note out loud to me and then he just started laughing and he couldn't believe that I had really done that for him. He had to make sure that all of his roommates saw it too. Well, that was that and it was good. Well I was home eating dinner and then here comes Drew to my house. He brought me the biggest vanilla milkshake from Dairy Queen! (There's kinda a reason behind that too...) Anyway, it was a fun time and I was just glad that I pulled it of




Some cooling

Our freezer full of muffins

The look out spot

The huge muffin and my sign

All the muffins on his bed and the other sign

The milkshake!

No comments: