Sunday, March 7, 2010

Creative Outlet

Ever since starting a full time job I have felt the need for some creative outlet. During the holidays I really wanted to put together a puzzle and so Jessica got me one for Christmas. It was good to just sit there for a little while those days and put it together. But now that I'm done with that I needed something else. I finally decided that I should redecorate my room. I went to Ikea and bough a new duvet cover for my down comforter. I really like it and so I decided that I wanted to paint the same pattern on three canvases to hang above my bed. I'm not really an artist so it was a big project for me. It took me about 4 days on and off to complete my project but I love how it turned out! I haven't hung them up yet but I'll get to that and post a picture of that later (when my room is acceptable to take a picture of).
I bought 4 canvases and some paint brushes and paint.


This is the pillowcase with the pattern on it.


I then drew it out on a big piece of papper and labled each piece just to keep it all straight in my mind.


I drew it on to the canvases and then started to paint!


Here it is complete!


I had an extra canvas so I painted another one to go with it! (It's actually purple in the middle but the picture doesn't really show that!)

1 comment:

Annie Joy said...

I LOVE IT. love, love, love, love, love.