Saturday, March 27, 2010

Thank you facebook...

Over the past couple of years facebook has made some major changes to their look. At first, the changes can be really annoying. Some people just can't handle change; however, after a while it becomes normal. The only reason I bring this up is because of the news feed. I don't know how facebook picks what to post on my main page but sometimes I think it might be inspired. Ha Ha, only half kidding on that one! Really I didn't want this post to be about facebook, so I'll move on to my real point here. News feed popped up and one of my past friends came up. I meet this friend my very first day at BYUI orientation; we were in the same group. Almost four years later I'm still not sure how we became friends so quickly but I'm glad we did. We ended up swaping cell numbers that day and hangning out that year. Then life seems to happen and we never really kept up our friendship. In just a few short years so much can happen; mission, moving, graduation etc... Despite all of this I have thought of my friend thoughout the years. My friend has been an inspiration to me and has been good influence on my wether they know it or not. Still, I can't help but to wonder what could have been; what jokes, experiences, memories and more that could have been shared and enjoyed.

The moral of the story: It was all just a great reminder to me to make the most of what I have around me and not take for granted what time I have with the people around me. Good friends are hard to come by and I'm so grateful for those that I have made throughtout the years.

And thanks to facebook for the gentle reminder- I sent a message to said friend and who knows, maybe our friendship can be rekindled.

No comments: