Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I'm the next Cake Boss!

I've been watching WAY too much Cake Boss lately and it's rubbing off on me. 2 weeks ago I attempted making my first themed cake for my dad's b-day cake. Dad and I share the same birthday so for the last 22 years he's let me have whatever kind of cake I want. So this year I decided it was his turn. It's been a running joke every year that he wants a wrestling buddies cake, you know old school WWE/WWF (whatever it is...), well I did it! complete with rink and action figures!
I tried this new icing mix for the cake and I'm still not sure it's my favorite. I really want to learn how to use fondant like a pro but I'll have to wait until after my mission to do that! Oh, and my dad's name isn't Chuck... that's another story....

I'm attempting another decadent cake today for my mom's birthday tomorrow it includes yellow cake, vanilla pudding, pineapple and cool whip! I hope it turns out!

No comments: