Friday, July 18, 2008

Beginning or Ending???

At the end of almost every semester I have to stop and take some time to think about the past and what has gotten me to where I am today. The beginnings and endings of life seem to overlap sometimes. It mixes the good and the bad. The bad, I'm losing my roommate of 4 semesters who just so happens to be my best friend. I hate to use the word losing, but that's the best I can come up with to describe what it feels like. The good, I love the person she has helped me to become and she'll still be around. I realize that everything in life has to change, I'm just learning how to deal with all of it. After all is said and done, no matter if it is a beginning or and ending in my life, I'm so grateful for the people who have taught me how to take the little things in life and have some fun; like riding out a car window at 11:30pm going 50-60 mph, trying new foods, jumping off a sand dune, or even just laughing at myself when I trip up the stairs. So, where am I in life, beginning or end? It doesn't even matter...

No comments: