Thursday, July 31, 2008
Fried Green Tomatoes
I've never really like tomatoes. I don't just pick them up and eat them and I don't voluntarily put them on my food. However, being from the South, a specialty is fried green tomatoes. I had never eaten one, nor planned on it for that matter! But I'm growing up slowly and I'm learning to try new things willingly. I went to The Blue Willow Inn the other day. BEST SOUTHERN FOOD EVER! If you have never been to the South or had good cooking, this is the place to go. It's really in a small rural town, Social Circle, and you would never quite know it's there unless you're from around here. Well, I had to have a fried green tomato. Yes, I willingly put in on my plate and ate it. Now, I'll say that it was pretty good, not my favorite and I won't eat it everyday. My grandma on the other hand ate about 10 her first time around! Who knows, maybe they'll grow on me more...
It's on the top of the plate, the brown round thing...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so proud of you for trying something new ;). Fried green tomatoes are one of my favourite foods. I have to be carefull when I make them so that I won't end up eating all of them. I have to remind myself that I need to share.
Yeah...uh...that sounds kinda gross...but not gross enough to keep me from trying them at some point.hehe
so the memory thing....one I remember with you is one swing park that was fun... I hope you die. love, sam...that will forever e funny!
ok girl why didn't I know you had a blog? I mean where's the love!
Post a Comment