Monday, July 14, 2008
Twin Falls
This past Saturday my friends Melissa and Emily and I took the day to drive to Twin Falls, Idaho for the temple open house. The open house is for anyone to walk through and see the temple before it is dedicated. The dedication is sometime in Aug. I believe. Anyway, it's a little over a two hour drive to get there from Rexburg, so we left at 9am to get there pretty early. It was a nice ride and there was hardly any traffic. Once we got there we entered Twin Falls by driving over a huge canyon! It was so pretty! We all fell in love with the city right then and there! We were so hungry when we got there so we stopped at Ihop and had such a good meal! Then we went off to the temple. It's a smaller version of the Rexburg one but with a it's own style too. We went through our tour and it was so beautiful inside! I just love the feeling that I have when I am in or on temple grounds! We walked around to take some pictures and then we left to go to the canyon overlook. By that time it was getting late and we were all tired. The drive back seemed to go on forever but I stayed awake and made it back! It was an enjoyable way to spend my last Saturday of the summer in Idaho!
We were so hungry waiting on our food that we almost just drank the syrup!
Melissa and I at the front of the temple, we couldn't get the whole thing in one shot!
The back of the Twin Falls temple
The canyon
Emily and I at the temple
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment